Monday, February 1, 2016

"Red Ocher" Bologna

My first impression about Bologna came from the BBC Italian language learning program. In my mind, the city was in the red ocher color, ancient, historical, there were some old columns and had the oldest university in the world. 

Luckily I had chance to visit it last Xmas. Indeed ancient and historical. The center square is magnificent: Big Cathedral,  churches, museums, with Poseidon standing on the central square. 








Bologna is also famous for its high towers. Estimated total number is around 80 to 100 towers inside the city in Middle Age Bologna. I couldn't stop thinking about the middle age legends, high towers, flying dragons, trapped princess, brave knights, etc. They might all be true.

By the narrow stairs inside the tower, you could get up to the top of the tower. I do believe it was not at all an easy job to build these towers in 12th or 13th century. Either wouldn't be easy to climb up them.

What a wonderful view once get to the top! all the city is in you eyes now!

Those towers remember me of another little Toscana city - San Gimignano, where has the similar towers.






No comments:

Post a Comment